An outdoor fireplace is a great way to extend your entertaining space and enjoy your backyard year round. Regardless of the material, an outdoor fireplace will give your yard a touch of beauty and ambiance. But if you plan on enjoying the fireplace for years to come, you’ll need to keep it clean and maintained. Read on for some simple ways to keep it in working order.
- It’s important to trim any surrounding plants or shrubs and to move planters away from the fireplace. These are all potential fire hazards if you’re not careful. Also, plants growing on the fireplace could weaken the structure and cause cracks.
- Make sure to keep your fireplace free of ash and debris. You can use creosote sweeping logs along with clearing it after every use will also help reduce any build up over time.
- When it comes to cleaning the chimney, it’s best to have a professional come out and evaluate the structure.
- Before you start any kind of cleaning or maintenance, you should always make sure the gas is completely turned off.
- Check the fireplace’s vent and exhaust fan to make sure everything is ventilating properly.
- You should also use a soft-bristle brush or cloth to remove any soot from the burners. Look at the manual for more information on what cleansers are acceptable for your fireplace.
Whether you use a wood-burning or gas fireplace, you should have a professional come out and inspect it at least once a year. They will make sure everything is in working order and that there are no serious fire hazards.
Our knowledgeable staff at Energy House would love to help you with all of your fireplace needs. Contact us today and learn more about the services we offer in the Bay Area.